Health & Fitness
Subject : health
Question : Well,I'm 13 years old and i weigh 145 pounds and most people at my school thinks i'm over weight i was wanting to know is i'm over weight for a normal 13 year old
Posted by : shadavia ivey
Posted on : 2003-07-22
Reply : There is a way to calculate the ideal body weight for your height. "An easy way to determine your own desirable body weight is to use the following formula: Women: 100 pounds for the first 5 feet of height plus 5 pounds for each additional inch. Men: 106 pounds of body weight for the first 5 feet of height plus 6 pounds for each additional inch. For a small body frame, 10% should be subtracted; for a large frame, 10% should be added." I got this information from a site called Mercksource.com. There are plenty of other credible websites that provide good information. I would suggest you go to the mercksource site and look under weight management. It will give you a good basis to evaluate your health. Look at other sites as well and form a well balanced opinion. Listening to people doesn't always provide an accurate vision. You might be perfectly healthy for your age but just because you don't look like one of those models doesn't mean you are not healthy. Weight is an issue that you must handle with caution. Build your self esteem and you will see your body will fall into step with you. Good Luck!
On : 2003-08-05
Back to view another Topic

Post your Response
Name :
E-mail :

Payment Gateway And Merchant Account Powered By CCAvenue.